Grafton Garden Club
Excuse our appearance while we are under re-construction. There are a couple of things coming up you might want to know while we undergo some Spring Cleaning too:
Grafton Clean-Up Day - Saturday, April 29, 2017 - 9:00am-noon
This annual event is sponsored by the Grafton Garden Club. Activities start on the Grafton Common 9:00am-noon
Your Grafton Clean-up Day "to do" list:
- Pick up your bags and gloves. These are available at the Municipal Center during the prior week or at the Common on Saturday, April 29, 2017 at 9:00am.
- Meet up with your team to clean up or beautify your selected area anytime during the week prior to April 30, 2017.
- Come and Celebrate Grafton Clean-Up Day on the Grafton Common from 9:00am-noon:
- Join us on the Common on April 29, 2017 for coupons for free pizza or sandwiches at Pepperoni Express and ice cream from Swirls & Scoops, while supplies last
- Receive a free tree sapling to celebrate Arbor Day, sponsored by the Grafton Highway Department
Think Globally - Act Locally
Opening of the Lee Knowlton Community Garden - Saturday, April 29, 2017 - 9:00am
Location: Estabrook Road, Grafton
Come to the opening for the growing season at the Community Garden and ask questions, take a tour of the gardens, and submit your application (available on the Grafton Community Garden link in the Main Menu), if you haven't already applied (space permitting).
Perennial Plant Collection Weeks - May 1-12, 2017
If you are going to dig up all those extra perennials that need to be divided, please consider donating the extras to the Grafton Garden Club. You can drop them off at the Common on May 13, 2017 after 7:00am for our annual Plant Sale. If you have donations but you do not want to dig them up yourself, you can phone our Collection Helpers and someone will dig your plants for you. Contact Carolyn at 508-839-6177 or Crystal at 508-839-3456 for assistance with the digging. If you need to drop off the plants before the day of the sale, please contact Linda at 508-839-6390 or 774-293-0065 to make arrangements. Your donations will be sold at our annual fund-raising Perennial Plant Sale (details below).
Perennial Plant Sale and Grafton History Day - Saturday, May 13, 2017 - 9:00am-2:00pm
Location: Grafton Common
Our Perennial Plant Sale includes flowering plants, both annual and perennial, herbs, veggies, and shade- and sun-loving plants. There is a bake table of goodies provided by the members of the Grafton Garden Club. This is our major fund-raiser for the money we provide as scholarships to students and grants to teachers. The Grafton Historical Society is celebrating Grafton History Day, also. There will be pony rides and fun for the whole family!